Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Carmen

Friday July 27 was Carmen's birthday. We celebrated by going to La Pena. There they have a Peruvian celebration with lots of Peruvian music, and dancing in tradition Peruvian garb. We all went, Carmen, Lila, Ceci, Lina and I. Edgardo stayed home. There at La Pena we ran into Rebecca and her family. They are Peruvian friends going way back to before we were married. I have to admit that I really didn't want to go, but I had a great time and was glad I went. I took some video and will probably be posting it on bearfamily.com soon.

Saturday July 28th is Peruvian Independence day. I had to go into the office to catch up on some work. Carmen went into work early. When I got home, I took my nephew Kike to the Saturn dealer in Fairfield. There he decided to purchase a Turbo Charged Saturn Sky. What a car. He is only 18 and he is buying his mid-life crisis car. I won't tell you how much he paid, or how much he is being charge for insurance. It would give you a nose bleed.

While all of this sounds like it should not take too long, it did. We spent three hours in the Saturn dealer. Being a Saturday during summer vacation, the freeway was packed. I suspect this was because of all the people going to Marine World Africa USA. Anyway, we were supposed to go to the 70th birthday part of Ceci's Padrino (God father), but it took so long that we were too late to go.

So ... Saturday night Lila and I went to the last showing of the Simpson's movies. We both really liked it, but then again, we are huge fans of the Simpson's. Ceci saw the movie earlier in the day with her boyfriend. Carmen didn't want to go as she is not a big fan of the Simpson's.



Sunday I spent working on the house with my friend Gary Cheek. I pretty much act as his assistant. As I'm not very skilled in the ways of construction. We have finished replacing the siding for now, fixed the garage door and install some new redwood 2x4's for overhead of our entrance.

No comments: