Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fathers Day








Today is Sunday, June 13th and for most everyone Fathers Day this year is Sunday June 20th. The problem is that Carmen, Lila and myself will be in Chicago catching a plane on the 20th. Carmen and Lila will be flying home and I will be continuing on to Orlando for the Hitec conference, so we decided to hold Fathers Day today.

The entire family was not able to attend. First Ceci had already made plans for a girls trip to Disneyland and it would have been fair to ask her to cancel it. My brother David and my sister Susan and her family could not make it. Still Mom and Dad (or Grandpa and Grandma depending on who you are) were here as well as Becky and even Bob drove up from Morro Bay.

I BBQ'd a classic. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. We had home made relish, salsa and plum sauce. The plum sauce is excellent on vanilla ice cream.

It was a very hot day today, but we managed to stay cool. I sent an air conditioner with Bob to install at moms house. She still has bees. She may have to call the bee guy out again. Stay tuned for further developments.

No comments: