Monday, January 4, 2010

Donald Robert Bear

Click on Images to Enlarge


Donald Robert Bear passed away, Sunday January 3, 2010 around 4:00pm at home. The cause of death is Leukemia. He is survived by his wife, 2 daughters, 1 son and three grandchildren.

On Friday, January 8, 2010 there will be a viewing starting at 11:00am and a memorial service at 1:30pm at the Chapel of the Chimes located at 32992 Mission Blvd, Hayward, CA 94544-8257
(510) 538-3131

Don and Grandma Grimm


Puzz, Grandma Bear and Don


The Bear Family is Complete


Family on Vacation


Don and Marion


His Own Family


The Kids Start their Families



Don, Marion, Louise and Ted



Puzz, Don, Mary and Jim


Family Reunion 2009 at Nancy and Mark's House/Winery

2 comments:

Ed Bear said...

I have never known a kinder, gentler or more honest man. You will be missed Uncle Don.

Ed Bear said...

At our house his name was "Uncle Don". My first memory of him was when I was five years old. We lived in Hayward and went over Uncle Don and Aunt Marion's house.

Uncle Don was a Milkman and worked for Carnation. When you are five years old, having an uncle that is a Milkman is very cool.

There was Uncle Don running around and throwing a football in the front yard with the kids.

Uncle Don always talked to you at your level. He never talked down at you. He was always interested in you. He made you feel important.

Uncle Don did not drink, smoke or curse. I remember a story my dad told me that when he was young, he and his brothers Uncle Don and Uncle Puzz went to the store. On the way home, Uncle Puzz discovered that they had received 10 cents too much change. Uncle Don insisted that they return to the store and give the money back.

Uncle Don lived his life the way many of us wish we could, but few of us do.

When I told my neighbor that I would not be able to have dinner as his house because of Uncle Don's passing, he told me that Uncle Don is in heaven. I replied "He better be, because if he isn't, none of us are gonna make it.

Thank you Uncle Don for being part of our lives.